Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

 
Forget little red riding hood and the big bad wolf.  This is a story of little red riding hood and her friendly fox, Freddy.  Freddy is little red riding hood's right arm, her everything.  The only time Freddy gets to come out of the house is for family pictures, when we travel, or when he is needed as part of a costume. It's a good day for Freddy. 
Anyway Lil Cinnamon is still a tad too young to understand what Halloween is.  What that means for me is that it's the last year that I have any say in her costume before she understands that she gets to be a princess.  I started thinking about her costume in August.  I originally thought we (all of the Cinnamon Sangria family) would be cowboys and cowgirls but then I found the most fabulous little red riding hood costume online and was going to purchase it but then I saw the price tag of $125 and changed my mind.  I figured I'd make it for a fraction of the cost.  I don't have specifics but I'm pretty sure this cost around $30 and took very little time to make.  I don't have a tutorial as there are so many on the web that I figured I didn't need to reinvent the wheel.
 
 

The top part is actually a corset that ties in the back.  Good idea in theory but getting a 2 year old to cooperate with sitting still was like herding kittens. 




Snack time!  All this being cute makes a girl hungry!

And next year when she wants to be a princess she can wear store bought!

Cheers!
Cinnamon Sangria

1 comment: